Signed Mac Apps Cannot Connect With Photon Unless You Do This!

Options
This is a simple post outlining what you need to do for your published Mac apps to connect to Photon.

To start, a little exposition of why I'm making this;

I built and published my Apple Mac app, Shards Online (PC), and bought the finished version on the App Store. I found that, even though unsigned builds can connect just fine, signed and packaged builds from Xcode will not connect to unless you configure them properly. All you need to do is:

1. Go to "SIGNING AND CAPABILITIES" and click the "+" to add a capability. Add the capability called "App Sandbox" and check the boxes for "Incoming Connections (Server)" and "Outgoing Connections (Client)". Also, add the Custom Network Protocol capability, and finally, add the "Network Extensions" capability and check all the boxes in it.

That's all folks! I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this, as the Photon website says absolutely nothing about it.

Comments

• DarkJoltGames
    Options
    Update: In the capability called "App Sandbox", you should only check the box for "Outgoing Connections (Client)". That is the only capability needed for standard P2P PUN use(unless you are making an authoritative server build).