Can't connect on Switch

Options
Hi

I hope someone can help, we have no problem on a PC build or in the editor, but I can't even do the most basic of connections when I build for Nintendo Switch...

As soon as I try PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings() I get this:

DNS.GetHostEntry() failed for: ns.exitgames.com. Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Could not resolve host 'ns.exitgames.com'

And it disconnects with reason "ExceptionOnConnect"

Unity: 2019.3.13f1
PUN: 2.26.1
Photon lib: 4.1.4.8
IL2CPP
.NET Standard 2.0

In PhotonServerSettings I've tried unchecking "User name server" is there anything else in there I need to change specifically for Switch?

I've also gone through publish settings and can't spot anything in there related to enabling networking (I saw a post about Universal Windows Apps requiring that) but under "Other settings" I see 3 checkboxes (all ticked as default) for Initialise NIFM, Initialize Sockets, and Profiler Connection. There's also a custom socket config which is unchecked.

Further down in "Scripting Define Symbols" it has:

PHOTON_UNITY_NETWORKING;PUN_2_0_OR_NEWER;PUN_2_OR_NEWER;PUN_2_19_OR_NEWER

Any suggestions please? I guess I've missed something but can't see any steps in the docs I've missed, or anything Switch specific to try. After fully testing everything on PC and in the editor we're now stumped and unable to proceed at this point (note this is for a Switch only release)

Thanks

Billy

Comments

• Billy_aop
    Options
    SOLVED!

Turned out not to be a PUN or Unity problem at all, while my dev kit device was connected fine to the LAN it wasn't able to see the internet, silly mistake!

Billy