(RESOLVED) PUN stopped seeing open rooms, but only between the editor and builds?!

Options
Hello. Today, for no apparent reason, my test builds stopped recognizing open rooms. Every time I tried to test the game with more than one player, the second player would fail to see the room created by the first player, then would create and join a new room. The first time this happened, I was able to temporarily resolve the problem by restarting my computer, but the problem came back 45 minutes later and now restarting has no effect.

Experimentation revealed that the problem only happens when one client is the Unity editor and the other is an actual build. The order of which one creates/joins the room makes no difference. A built client is able to see the rooms created by other built clients.

What really confuses me about this is that my project has been creating and finding rooms with no issues for more than a month, and at the time this problem arose I hadn't made any changes to the connecting/matchmaking script. I checked the game versions; they are the same. I checked the player Ids; they are different.

Are these symptoms familiar to anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*edit: It turned out that the issue was with the built clients using a different region than the editor client. I don't know why. Setting the dev region fixed the issue by forcing all clients to use the same region.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Good to read you found the dev region. It should be set when you run the app in the Editor for the first time and it will not be used in a release build, which we thought is a good compromise.