How to count total messages/second per app?

Hi, I've been browsing around the forums for a while and from the forums and documentation I gather that there is a soft-ish limit of 500msg/sec per running application. We are targeting webgl and mobile users so we would like to stay on the limit or below.

- Does the PUN Plus subscription ($95 USD per 60 months, 100 CCU) includes message/second graph per app on the dashboard? Or is this graph only reserved for premium subscriptions?
- What other stats and graphs are available on the PUN Plus subscription dashboard?
- On the Photon Stats Gui script, the message average counter (gls.TotalMessageCount / elapsedMs) refers to total average messages per second for the entire app? or only for each individual client?
- If the average message counter is counting messages for the client only, would it be accurate to multiply this value * N clients to get messages/sec per app? (500msg/sec limit applies for this value, right? messages per second, per app?)

Comments

• I will help with the client questions and ping a colleague for the Dashboard ones.

> On the Photon Stats Gui script [...]

This GUI is client side, so it can only count what this client sent and received. The Messages/sec for room is only tracked on the servers.

> would it be accurate to multiply this value * N clients to get messages/sec per app?

To get somewhat useful values, you need to test with worst-case activity and maximum of players in a room. If you do, the values are close enough, most likely.

Some details: It depends a little on the amount of messages you send directly or in Interest Groups (both skew the results as the messages go only to some users in a room). Also, the averages counted on the server may differ due to aliasing. If that's the correct term. The averaging could be done in slightly other ways.
  • Hey Tobias, thanks for the reply. I'm just looking for ways to accuratey measure messages per second to stay within Photon's recommended limits. Hopefully we can get this vital information on the Photon Plus dashboard.