How Often does OnStatusUpdate get called?

Options
basicly im working with Photon Chat & Playfab. i got the whole add friends thing and such, Im wondering When does the Status Update get called? everytime a chat user status changes? or every 5 seconds? im wondering cause i need to know what to set a player status's When A player opens Up the friend menu.

Another thing that may be useful is to Call a GetFriendStatus Function. that would be really useful and if there is i dont yet know about it.

-cyro

Best Answers

• Nerfski
    Nerfski
    Answer ✓
    Options
    JohnTube wrote: »
    I'm not sure but could you test that adding friends (chatClient.AddFriends) does not trigger an 'initial' OnStatusUpdate per friend?

i did a bit of testing and found that whenever you add a friend and that friend's status changes it does get their status. thank you for answering my question because i can use this as the GetFriendStatus method.

-cyro

Answers

• Nerfski
    Nerfski
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm not sure but could you test that adding friends (chatClient.AddFriends) does not trigger an 'initial' OnStatusUpdate per friend?

i did a bit of testing and found that whenever you add a friend and that friend's status changes it does get their status. thank you for answering my question because i can use this as the GetFriendStatus method.

-cyro
  • steamcore
    steamcore ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am not getting an initial status update on a friend after calling AddFriends. I need this to check if a user is offline before performing other game logic. I am testing this with a variety of friends, online and offline, editor and standalone build. I have tried implicitly and explicitly implementing the OnStatusUpdate callback from IChatClientListener. Nothing comes back, ever.
    public string FriendToAdd;

public static void AddFriend()
        {
            var friend = new string[1] { FriendToAdd };
            _client.AddFriends(friend);
        }

public void OnStatusUpdate(string user, int status, bool gotMessage, object message)
        {
            Debug.Log(string.Format("OnStatusUpdate:\r\nUser:{0}, Status:{1}, Msg:{2}, Message:{3}", user, status, gotMessage, message));
        }

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @steamcore,

I have replied here.