How Often does OnStatusUpdate get called?

basicly im working with Photon Chat & Playfab. i got the whole add friends thing and such, Im wondering When does the Status Update get called? everytime a chat user status changes? or every 5 seconds? im wondering cause i need to know what to set a player status's When A player opens Up the friend menu.

Another thing that may be useful is to Call a GetFriendStatus Function. that would be really useful and if there is i dont yet know about it.

-cyro

Best Answers

• NerfskiNerfski
    Accepted Answer
    JohnTube wrote: »
    I'm not sure but could you test that adding friends (chatClient.AddFriends) does not trigger an 'initial' OnStatusUpdate per friend?

i did a bit of testing and found that whenever you add a friend and that friend's status changes it does get their status. thank you for answering my question because i can use this as the GetFriendStatus method.

-cyro

Answers

• NerfskiNerfski
    Accepted Answer
    JohnTube wrote: »
    I'm not sure but could you test that adding friends (chatClient.AddFriends) does not trigger an 'initial' OnStatusUpdate per friend?

i did a bit of testing and found that whenever you add a friend and that friend's status changes it does get their status. thank you for answering my question because i can use this as the GetFriendStatus method.

-cyro