How do i store my online multiplayer game player's data?

Suyog
Suyog
edited September 2020 in Any Topic & Chat
We want to create online multiplayer game which is having features similar to PUBG using Photon services. So how do i store the player's data and to which server such that players can see each others profile data and play together by creating a room?

We know that Photon engine only provides the online room creation for multiplayer games. But where do we need store the player's game play data such as coins, match details, profile details, purchases etc? Which is the best server to use? We are new in the unity game engine and online multiplayer system. Please help. Thanks

Comments

• Suyog wrote: »
    We want to create online multiplayer game which is having features similar to PUBG using Photon services. So how do i store the player's data and to which server such that players can see each others profile data and play together by creating a room?

We know that Photon engine only provides the online room creation for multiplayer games. But where do we need store the player's game play data such as coins, match details, profile details, purchases etc? Which is the best server to use? We are new in the unity game engine and online multiplayer system. Please help. Thanks

There are various ways to achieve what you are describing. One approach is to make a web server handle handle everything that deals with player data, and have that web server communicate with a database. It is better to avoid having the player connect directly to your database, because it could be a breach of security. But, you could have your player communicate directly with a database, such as MongoDB with a Unity Plugin. Personally, I solved the problem you are describing by using Node, Express, and a SQL server.