Does local/offline mode count against CCU?

Options
I am wondering if using StartSinglePlayer to create a local game adds to the number of CCU - and/or any other meters? I assume I should be able to run as many local games as I want without adding up to any meters but I need a confirmation from Photon.

Regards,
Aydin

Comments

• Hello @Aydin ,

No, when running in Single Player Mode, you are running in offline mode, there is no connection with Photon Cloud, but you also lose the ability to play against other players.

--
    Ramon Melo
    Photon Bolt Team
  • Aydin
    Options
    Thanks @ramonmelo ,

By "other players" in "lose the ability to play against other players" you mean other players connected through network (Internet or LAN), right? Asking since I think in Single Player Mode, local players (players directly connected to the PC or console) should be able to compete with each other on the same machine.
  • Hello @Aydin ,

Yes, that is right, you are able to run multiple players on the same local machine, you don't even need Bolt for this, only if you want to take advantage of the loop system built on Bolt.

You lose the ability to connect to other peers on the network (local or remote).
  • Aydin
    Options
    Since want to add both local and online multiplayer modes, I wanted to make sure Bolt support both of the scenarios and won't cost me for local usage. Thanks for the answers.