Would a small scale loot and shoot work with PUN?

Options
I have been using PUN 2 for a while but still have a hard time wrapping my head around the amount of messages produced by a room. I am thinking about a game with around 12 players per room and a relatively low amount of rpc calls (only when a player shoots a weapon and ammo is rare or loots something etc.) All npc's would be handled locally on each client. Do you think this idea would be able to fir PUNs restrictions?

Comments

• The only heavy thing I can think of would be the transform views but is PUN able to handle 12 at once without much else going on?
  • OneManArmy
    Options
    Syncing position/rotation "eats" all your messages.
    Just to have 12 players in room, you must lower sync rate to around 5 a second.
  • Tobias
    Options
    It is possible and has been done before. You just need to keep an eye on the amount of messages you send and should try to keep the synced data low. If you send a bunch of strings for everything, it will likely fail but 12 should be doable without too much hacking. I would however not use the PhotonTransformView.

Maybe give Simple Network Sync (SNS) a try. It updates the movement much more elegantly and effectively. It's developed by a colleague and an official addon to PUN 2.