Connection issue with pun demo

Hello,

I try to run the Basic tutorials in the PUN demo, but it is impossible. When I click on connect, unity is trying to connect but after about 15  seconds, it prints "Ondisconnected ClientTimeout" on the game window and I have an error :
PUN Basics Tutorial/Launcher:Disconnected
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Photon.Pun.Demo.PunBasics.Launcher:OnDisconnected(DisconnectCause) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Demos/PunBasics-Tutorial/Scripts/Launcher.cs:185)
Photon.Realtime.ConnectionCallbacksContainer:OnDisconnected(DisconnectCause) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:3703)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2773)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.<>c__DisplayClass104_0:<EnqueueStatusCallback>b__0()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:205)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:139)

Moreover when I try to launch the other demo (Asteroids, Slot Racer,...) I have the same problem, it tries to connect during 15 seconds, and then it does not succeed to connect without any console message.

I use :
Unity 2019.2.17f1
PUN 2.19.3

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @hololens,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

It looks like you have a bad connection to Photon Cloud.
    What region did the client connect to? what is the ping value?
    You can get those from PhotonServerSettings inspector or from SupportLogger enabled.

Depending on where you are you could try switching regions?

Maybe you can try changing network connection (another provider?).
    Maybe if WiFi switch to Ethernet cable.

We have Analyzing Disconnect page for more solutions.
  • Hi @JohnTube,

I put my region to europe (eu) and I have a pinf value of 24ms.
    when I tried with an other region it connect to europe again and it that it is the best region for me.

I am on a secure network and I can not change it to a wifi network.
    I think that it is the firewall that block me.