RPC send but not receive by player

Options
Hi, I noticed some issue after I updated to v2.19 yesterday. The rpc request have sent but didn't get receive by player, it was working fine before v2.19.

I was trying to initialize player and AI data like IGN and etc with all clients with RPC, the RPC to send and receive is working for AI (as shown in the image with Label 1), but the RPC to send and receive is not working for player object(as shown in the image with Label 2), initialize is called but the RPC Initialize command is not received.

Unity 2019.3.8

5j3IIhk.png

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @TeohTC,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We just submitted 2.19.1 which fixes an issue in 2.19 maybe it also fixes this.
    Try to grab it as soon as it's out and retry.

Do you see any warnings or errors in the logs?

What's the difference between Player and AI objects? one is InstantiateObject and one is InstantiateSceneObject?
  • emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    2.19.1 went live a while ago. Worth trying, though this might be something else.

Also, which version did you upgrade from? There have been some substantial changes over the last few releases. Where in your code are you calling this RPC? I assume NO clients are getting that missing RPC?
  • emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    Options
    Where there no other warnings or errors in the log with that?
  • TeohTC
    TeohTC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    JohnTube wrote: »
    Hi @TeohTC,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

We just submitted 2.19.1 which fixes an issue in 2.19 maybe it also fixes this.
    Try to grab it as soon as it's out and retry.

Do you see any warnings or errors in the logs?

What's the difference between Player and AI objects? one is InstantiateObject and one is InstantiateSceneObject?

Hi, ya the AI spawn with instantiateSeneObject, player will spawn with InstantiateObject. But it working fine if I don't spawn the AI
    There some warnings but not related to this and no error at all, I will try out the latest version first and see whether solve my problem, Thanks
  • TeohTC
    Options
    emotitron wrote: »
    2.19.1 went live a while ago. Worth trying, though this might be something else.

Also, which version did you upgrade from? There have been some substantial changes over the last few releases. Where in your code are you calling this RPC? I assume NO clients are getting that missing RPC?
    emotitron wrote: »
    Where there no other warnings or errors in the log with that?

There some warnings but not related and no error. Anyway I will try out the new version first
  • emotitron
    emotitron ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not knowing much about what is going on, I would first check to make sure that your instantiated object actually has been created on the network before sending an RPC from it.
  • TeohTC
    Options
    Hi @emotitron @JohnTube
    The v2.19.1 fixed the problem, thanks :smile: