Turn-based Synchronous Board Game

Options
Hello everyone! I'm creating a turn-based synchronous board game like chess in Unity (if you search Quoridor in Google you will see). The gameplay is ready for the single-player, but for multiplayer, I don't know which Photon service to use and how to implement it to my game. I'm a beginner so I would appreciate any advice you can give me! Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @Burak,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Quoridor: game looks nice & intersting.

You could use Photon Realtime or PUN.
    PUN has a PunTurnManager class which offers utilities and extensions for this.
    It was used in a PUN Classic demo: RockPaperScissors, this demo was not ported to PUN2 but the PunTurnManager which is the core of it was.
    Documentation links:
    - RockPaperScissors (PUN Classic, could be used as a reference as PUN2 is the recommended version for starting new projects).
    - Turn-based & Async. Games
  • Burak
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube

Thank you for your reply! I'm planning to go with PUN but before that, I have one more quick question: So I want to make my game synchronous, once a player moved their pieces, the game needs to update itself immediately on the other player's screen. Can I do this with PUN?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Burak,
    Can I do this with PUN?
    Yes.
  • AlexLukanga
    Options
    How to do it?
    I am making tic tac toe game and the values of the variables are not working on both players.