SetCustomProperties not working since update!

Hello,
I updated the PUN and custom room properties stopped working (have been working for months).

Player1
- Creates a room
- Sets room properties: SetCustomProperties
- I have have some debug lines of code to enumerate room.customProperties and they are all there and looking good as they have always been working...

Player2
- Calls GetRoomList
- if I enumerate customProperties on the rooms returned, there are no custom properties.

Please help :(

-Carmine

Comments

• Thats how it always should ahve worked.
    custom properties are only available when you are in the room, not outside.

also 'for months' is impossible, until very recently PUN didn't even support the properties beside room visible, room open and player count which were hardcoded

exception to that are those property keys you define as 'being shared with the outer world' upon room creation
  • dreamora wrote:
    Thats how it always should ahve worked.
    custom properties are only available when you are in the room, not outside.

also 'for months' is impossible, until very recently PUN didn't even support the properties beside room visible, room open and player count which were hardcoded

exception to that are those property keys you define as 'being shared with the outer world' upon room creation

Well it was working.... For instance. When a player created a room. They could start picking the map, game type, and a bunch of other things. I would set the properties and people in the lobby were able to see this information about room BEFORE joining. It was working great.

Tobias... are you there?
  • Ahhh.. I have found when creating a room you can specify properties to send to Lobby.

I'm trying that now.

However, when I pass it a hashtable (on room creation) it freezes up.

I wish there was some documentation on these functions. If I search the .pdf these are just not mentioned.

We really really really really need some updated documentation.
  • Please pass a string[] of the keys instead of a Hashtable for the properties to show in the lobby. I does not make sense to ask you for the values again, there.
  • Carmine: I'm sorry you stumbled over these changes. It's very unlucky we haven't been around either (weekend and a bank holiday). Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I agree that this could be better documented. The PDF is not really up to date or extensive. It's not a reference but more a usage guide to get started.

One thing that is documented though, are the changes from version to version. This one is listed in PUN's changelog.txt for v1.9 (February) and provides a hint how to adjust. Details are usually in the code documentation.

So, important note for anyone updating PUN:
    Read the changelog.txt

I'm glad you now got it.