RaiseEvent not working?

Options
Hi, I've been working on the PUN RaiseEvent Function, I completely followed the tutorial, but there is still something wrong in my script.
My script is like this:
    private void InstantiateWallEvent(string name)
    {
        object[] data = new object[] { true };
        RaiseEventOptions options = new RaiseEventOptions();
        options.Receivers = ReceiverGroup.All;
        PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent(0, data, options, SendOptions.SendReliable);
    }

It seems that Visual Studio can find neither RaiseEventOptions nor SendOptions. It's this because of the new update version? Appreciate your help

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I'd say this is due to the namespace Photon.Realtime. You have to declare your code is using it:
    using Photon.Realtime;

• BigBro222
    Options
    Hi, I tried to include Photon.Realtime. But it's said that "

The call is ambiguous between the following methos or properties: 'PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent(byte,object,RaiseEventOptions,SendOptions)'and'PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent(int,object[],object,object)'"

I guess there are two functions with the same name ? But I cannot find the second one in the PhotonNetwork scripts. Also I am using PUN ,why should I include Photon.Realtime?

Thanks a lot!
  • Tobias
    Options
    Well, the Realtime API is used by PUN, so it may be required here and there.

What's surprising is that you end up with 2 overloads of PhotonNetwork.RaiseEvent.
    It only has this definition:
    RaiseEvent(byte eventCode, object eventContent, RaiseEventOptions raiseEventOptions, SendOptions sendOptions)

Maybe you update and reimport PUN via the asset store. In a few rare cases, the package that is downloaded is old and you might want to check the Assets cache.
    Make sure the PhotonServerSettings show v2.18.1 when you updated.
  • Hi there, i have the same issue. Did you find a fix?

Thank you mate,