Failed to parse token from Request

Options
Just loaded PUN 2+ into an empty project and opened the Demo / Basics basics tutorial scene and hit play and I'm getting this:

OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32755 (Failed to parse token from request). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer Address: ns.exitgames.com:5058
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2304)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2378)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:Dispatch() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:205)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:139)

Same error from the first step of the 'getting started' tutorial here, same error:
https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/demos-and-tutorials/pun-basics-tutorial/lobby

Ideas? Is Photon down?

Comments

• gekido
    gekido ✭✭
    Options
    just replying to myself in case anyone else encounters this:

I had playfab setup as a 'custom authentication' setup on the pun dashboard, but forgot about that and was testing PUN in a separate project that didn't have Playfab integrated.

TLDR: Worst error message ever - the error was actually that the custom authentication was failing.