GameObject destroyed with BoltNetwork.Destroy() does not set the attached BoltEntity to null

Any existing variables that reference the BoltEntity of the destroyed GameObject still remain.

In summary, I'm trying to get the player to attack when there is an enemy in range. I'm using Unity's OnCollisionEnter/Stay to determine if the enemy if in range and set "state.currentTarget" accordingly. When the enemy is destroyed, I expect the "state.currentTarget" to become null - unfortunately this is not the case.
if(state.currentTarget) {
    // Attack if there is a target currently in range (make sure to check that the current target hasn't been destroyed yet)
    IEnemyState currentTargetState;
    if(!state.currentTarget.TryFindState<IEnemyState>(out currentTargetState)) {
        state.currentTarget = null;
    } else {
        Attack();
    }
}

Even after the GameObject is destroyed, the "state.currentTarget" condition evaluates to true. Additionally, I try to validate if the BoltEntity still exists with "state.currentTarget.TryFindState" but since the BoltEntity has been destroyed, this just generates a "Could not find entity with [NetworkId ...]" warning.

One workaround I can think of is delaying the destroy and setting an "isAlive" property but I wonder if there's a better way to do this.