About server specifications

Options
Good morning, I have just entered the world of unity and I am researching about photon. The thing is that I have my own server and when I saw that I could create my own photon server I was quite happy. However, I can't find any kind of table or hardware/ccu specification relation anywhere so I'm not sure if my own server would even be able to handle the initial 100 ccu or if it could be extended to a better license in the future.

could someone give me some kind of guidance on this?

Comments

• chvetsov
    Options
    hi, @alohl669

there is nothing because it is difficult to predict anything in this area. Too much depends on your server side code.

so, in our case, we use on public cloud E3-1270 v6 with 8 logical cores. Such machine usually able to host around 5 000 Players in around 3000 games. Games are not too big. I would say not more than 10 players in game

so, I would say that you have to do your perf tests, once you get something playable

best,
    ilya
  • alohl669
    Options
    Okay, well, I'll just run some tests. One last question, there is no version of photon for linux servers, right?

In that case I see you're talking about logical cores, so I guess I could even try a KVM with a windows server

Thank you so much!
  • chvetsov
    Options
    We are working on version that works on both windows and linux

best,
    ilya
  • alohl669
    Options
    Perfect. thank you very much