Fallback handler could not load library ...Mono/<PhotonLibs.dll> in Unity build project version.

Options
Hello!
Sorry for my English! :)

I create multiplayer game and build it for Win x86_x64
In Unity Editor I do not see this - only in build version in Player.log.

Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/PhotonCryptoPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/PhotonCryptoPlugin.dll
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/PhotonCryptoPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/libPhotonCryptoPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/libPhotonCryptoPlugin.dll
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/libPhotonCryptoPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/PhotonSocketPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/PhotonSocketPlugin.dll
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/PhotonSocketPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/libPhotonSocketPlugin
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/libPhotonSocketPlugin.dll
Fallback handler could not load library ...ProjectName/ProjectName_Data/Mono/libPhotonSocketPlugin

Is this error or not?
I tried to find .dlls for inserting into visual studio project as references - couldn't find them anywhere...
Did not find .dlls in SDK here (https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/sdks?dl=/photon-dotnet-sdk_v4-1-2-20.zip#pun-sdkpununity)...

The game works normal without specified .dlls, it seems... )

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    This error is harmless (but I agree that it should not get logged in that case).
    Background: We try to load a native dll for encryption and if that's not available, a managed API is used instead. This is handled internally and not to worry.

Will have to check if we can suppress the logging. Maybe not.
    Build a "release" and check if that also shows the logs.
  • Volk
    Options
    Ok! Thanks! :)
  • AndreWe
    Options
    @Tobias

Do you have any news for us on that, e.g. are you able to hide that error in the log. Reason: if you customer sees this message somehow in the log, they will ask us: "hey, you told us that the data is encrpyted, but why is the message there..."?
  • Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I would like to suppress this message but it's written by Unity and I did not find options to suppress it.
    Maybe you report it as bug?

We could write a message along the lines "this is expected, using managed encryption".
    Do you think this would help at all?
  • Tobias
    Options
    We reported this as bug and got a confirmation this should get fixed.
    Vote and track the status here:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1313988