Photon network won't join random room with a custom property

Options
I am creating a multiplayer chess game. The user can play online matches by placing a bet of a certain amount (suppose 500,1000,1500 etc). The user will be placed only against a place who is searching for same bet amount match. I am creating a room with custom properties set as
private void CreateRoom()
    {
        Debug.Log("Creating Room Now");
        int randomRoomNumber = Random.Range(0, 10000);

int bet = MenuHandler.instance.betAmount;
        if (bet < 500)
            bet = 500;

RoomOptions roomOps = new RoomOptions() { IsVisible = true, IsOpen = true, MaxPlayers = (byte)roomSize, CustomRoomProperties = new ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable() { { "Bet", bet } } };

PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom("Room" + randomRoomNumber, roomOps);

Debug.Log(randomRoomNumber); 
    }
obviously it will create a room if no similar room exists and join the player 1.

so now, Player 1 is in the room. Now, For player 2 to join the room,
int bet = MenuHandler.instance.betAmount;
        if (bet < 500)
            bet = 500;

Hashtable expectedCustomRoomProperties = new Hashtable() { { "Bet", bet } };
        PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom(expectedCustomRoomProperties, (byte)roomSize);
But, it won't connect player 2 to the room of player 1 at all. It creates its own room (as OnJoinRoomFailed creates the room if it doesn't exist).

I am really not sure what's wrong here. I checked the documentation and everything! this is how they have done it too. Can someone please help me out here?

PS: I have run debugs and the bet amounts are right and being set properly. They just won't connect to the same room.

Debug from the phone:- Joined Room4068 with Bet of (System.String)Bet=(System.Int32)1500, (System.String)curScn=(System.String)RoomWaitingRoom

Debug from the Unity editor:- Joined Room9945 with Bet of (System.String)Bet=(System.Int32)1500

I am running one instance from the phone and second instance on the Unity editor and playing one instance on phone and second is not a problem I think because they connect successfully if I just put JoinRandomRoom();

Comments

• S_Oliver
    S_Oliver ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi im not 100% sure about this but i think in RoomOptions you also have to set which Room Properties are visible to the Lobby.

RoomOptions roomOps = new RoomOptions()
    		{
    			IsVisible = true,
    			IsOpen = true,
    			MaxPlayers = (byte)roomSize,
    			CustomRoomProperties = new ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable()
    			{
    				{ "Bet", bet }
    			},
    			CustomRoomPropertiesForLobby = new[] {"Bet"}
    		};

With this line the property Bet is know visible in a lobby.
    CustomRoomPropertiesForLobby = new[] {"Bet"}