Simulating Reliable Entity Events

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help me out!
Using Photon Bolt 1.2.11b for Unity 2019.3.6f1 in C#

I am trying to re-create a fog of war, like you would find in an RTS game, in a turn-based environment. I want to make sure that the clients only have access to certain information (what they can see within the fog on any given turn). Therefore, I would like to send each client different data based on what they can see.

I understand that Entity Events must be unreliable, so I assume I will not use them. I am trying to find a way to make a global event that occurs on the server and exactly one client. I'm still relatively new in Unity and brand new to any Photon products.

I'm sure it's possible, but I'm having a real problem determining how to implement this in Bolt. Are there any classes that are unique to each Client and have methods that would be useful for this?

Thanks Again!

Comments

• Oops! Just discovered the Advanced Tutorial!
  • I don't seem to have the ability to delete this post, So I'll post my solution instead!

You can use the event's method Connect(BoltConnection Connection) to send a global event to a specific connection. For sending from the client to the server I use Connect(Bolt.GlobalTargets.OnlyServer).

Additionally, if you are like me and think you have to use States to have acces to Array replication, look into using tokens with an event.