Create webhook not fired when using JoinRoom(createIfNotExist) and IsPersistant = False

Our client app currently uses a call to JoinRoom with the option to CreateIfNotExist. The client never calls any of the CreateRoom methods. In this case, the PathCreate web hook does not fire, unless I set IsPersistent = true (changing AsyncJoin has no effect). I would prefer not to have to set IsPersistent = true, because I don't want the webhook calls to be required for users to use our client application. We just want to use the webhook calls for creating some of our own real-time analytics.

Is this just a limitation of how you have the web hooks implemented, or is there some other setting available? We're setting up the web hook stuff after the fact and would prefer not to have to change to using explicit calls to CreateRoom.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi @TrAsalvo,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Yes, this is a "limitation", check out the "yellow warning box" here.
    I would prefer not to have to set IsPersistent = true, because I don't want the webhook calls to be required for users to use our client application.
    I don't get why you can't simply set it to "true" and do not use it effectively: do not store any state and do not load any.

If this is still a blocker for you, send an email with your feedback to developer@photonengine.com

In any case, you can check out WebHooks source code inside Photon Server Plugins SDK.