LoadBalancing Application

Options
is LoadBalancing Application can be used for server side coding ? I want to create a code where the server will raise an event for all the player in the room

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    You know that you'd have to run your own Photon Server(s), if you add code to the server side?
    That won't run on the Photon Cloud.

That said: Yes, this can be used to send events in rooms.
    If you only want to change in-room logic, we would suggest to use Photon Server Plugins instead. Those have a streamlined API and that means you can get to the point quicker.
  • Shimagurat
    Options
    Tobias wrote: »
    You know that you'd have to run your own Photon Server(s), if you add code to the server side?
    That won't run on the Photon Cloud.

That said: Yes, this can be used to send events in rooms.
    If you only want to change in-room logic, we would suggest to use Photon Server Plugins instead. Those have a streamlined API and that means you can get to the point quicker.

Yes, I am aware that I need run my own photon server(s).
    Actually my plan is to create Game Logic using Photon server using the raise event function is that even possible ? I want all my game data keep only in the server to avoid cheating
  • Tobias
    Options
    Ah, I see.
    Yes, you can use RaiseEvent to do just that. In fact, PUN and other client APIs from us do just that.

The Photon Plugin Server SDK is the right choice for that. You'd use our default Matchmaking and such and per room, the plugin can contain the server logic for one match and send events.
  • Shimagurat
    Options
    Tobias wrote: »
    Ah, I see.
    Yes, you can use RaiseEvent to do just that. In fact, PUN and other client APIs from us do just that.

The Photon Plugin Server SDK is the right choice for that. You'd use our default Matchmaking and such and per room, the plugin can contain the server logic for one match and send events.

so i can do this using the PUN + photon Plugin + photon self hosted server right ?
  • Tobias
    Options
    The Photon Plugin SDK is a "server sdk" but streamlined for plugins. Use that.