Getting compile errors on Cocos2dx 3.17.2 + Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0

Options
As the title suggests, I am getting these errors while building on Android version.
What should I do ? Please help!! Is older version (v4-1-6-0) of sdk still recommended ?
FAILED: : && /weapons/Android/android-ndk-r19c/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/clang++  --target=armv7-none-linux-androideabi16 --gcc-toolchain=/weapons/Android/android-ndk-r19c/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64 --sysroot=/weapons/Android/android-ndk-r19c/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/sysroot -fPIC -g -DANDROID -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -no-canonical-prefixes -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -fno-addrsig -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -Wa,--noexecstack -Wformat -Werror=format-security -stdlib=libc++ -frtti -fexceptions -fsigned-char -O0 -fno-limit-debug-info  -Wl,--exclude-libs,libgcc.a -Wl,--exclude-libs,libatomic.a -static-libstdc++ -Wl,--build-id -Wl,--warn-shared-textrel -Wl,--fatal-warnings -Wl,--exclude-libs,libunwind.a -Wl,--no-undefined -Qunused-arguments -Wl,-z,noexecstack -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -shared -Wl,-soname,libphoton_loadbalancing.so -o ../../../../build/intermediates/cmake/debug/obj/armeabi-v7a/libphoton_loadbalancing.so Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/AuthenticationValues.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/MutablePlayer.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/Player.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/RoomOptions.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/Client.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/LobbyStatsRequest.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/MutableRoom.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/RaiseEventOptions.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/WebFlags.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/FriendInfo.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/LobbyStatsResponse.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/Peer.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/Room.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/AuthenticationValuesSecretSetter.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/PlayerFactory.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/PlayerPropertiesCacher.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/RoomPropertiesCacher.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/MutablePlayerFactory.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/PlayerMovementInformant.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/PlayerPropertiesUpdateInformant.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/Utils.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/MutableRoomFactory.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/PlayerMutableRoomPointerSetter.cpp.o Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/CMakeFiles/photon_loadbalancing.dir/LoadBalancing-cpp/src/internal/RoomFactory.cpp.o  ../../../../../../Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/Photon-cpp/lib/photon-cpp-prebuilt/libphoton-cpp-static_debug_android_armeabi-v7a_libc++.a ../../../../../../Photon-AndroidNDK-Sdk_v4-1-6-0/Common-cpp/lib/common-cpp-prebuilt/libcommon-cpp-static_debug_android_armeabi-v7a_libc++.a -latomic -lm && :
D:/android-ndk/build//../sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/include/iostream:74: error: undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
jni/../src/EventData.cpp:94: error: undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
D:/android-ndk/build//../sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/include/iostream:74: error: undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
jni/../src/OperationRequest.cpp:114: error: undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
jni/../src/OperationResponse.cpp:123: error: undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
jni/../src/PhotonPeer.cpp:852: error: undefined reference to 'std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
D:/android-ndk/build//../sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/include/mutex:139: error: undefined reference to 'std::__throw_system_error(int)'
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi @jeevs.

Currently you link your app against libstdc++ (the GCC standard lib), but at the same time you link it against the versions of the photon libs that have been built against libc++ (the clang standard lib).
    Those 2 standard libs are binary incompatible to each other and your app and all 3rd-party libs that it links against must agree on using the same standard lib.
    Hence you either need to link your app against libc++ as well or you need to use the Photon libs that have been built gainst libstd++ (the one that don't have a '_libc++ postfix in their file names')

Please also see these other posts of mine for further information on this topic:
    https://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/comment/46415#Comment_46415
    https://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/comment/42718/#Comment_42718
    Is older version (v4-1-6-0) of sdk still recommended ?
    That version is 2.5 years old by now. While it won't make any difference regarding the issue that you are facing right now, it still makes sense to update to the latest version to profit from all the changes that we have made in the meantime like various bug fixes and new features (please review the release history files inside the latest SDK for a complete list of all changes since 4.1.6.0).
  • jeevs
    jeevs
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi @Kaiserludi Thanks for the reply.
    I checked the links you shared but in my case my build type is cmake.
    In Cocos2dx 3.17.2 default build type is cmake.
    I found I have linked '_libc++' already like this in 'CMakeLists.txt' of sdk folder.
    IMPORTED_LOCATION "${PHOTON_ROOT_PATH}/Common-cpp/lib/common-cpp-prebuilt/libcommon-cpp-static_${PHOTON_BUILD_TYPE}_android_${ANDROID_ABI}_libc++.a"

Should I make some changes in my gradle?
    I do have this in my build.gradle:
    cmake {
        targets 'MyGame'
        arguments "-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH=", "-DANDROID_STL=c++_static", "-DANDROID_TOOLCHAIN=clang", "-DANDROID_ARM_NEON=TRUE"
        cppFlags "-frtti -fexceptions -fsigned-char"
    }

Still I got same errors as above in the post.

For iOS in Xcode I am getting different errors:
    ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/my_project_folder_path/proj.ios_mac/../Photon-iOS-Sdk_v4-1-6-0Common-cpp/lib'
    ld: library not found for -lCommon-cpp_Debug_iphoneos
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

How do I solve all these ?
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi @jeevs.

I have reviewed our release-history files and discovered that there was a bug in 4.1.6.0 that prevented the _libc++ builds from actually being built against libc++. Despite their names they still got build against libstdc++. This got fixed in 4.1.8.1.
    Hence despite what I wrote in my previous post, the solution is to update to a newer version of the SDK.
    Please download the latest release 4.1.15.2.

Regarding your Xcode errors:
    This looks like the paths are not correct. Xcode can't find '-L/my_project_folder_path/proj.ios_mac/../Photon-iOS-Sdk_v4-1-6-0Common-cpp/lib'.

'Photon-iOS-Sdk_v4-1-6-0Common-cpp' looks like it is missing a '/' between 'Photon-iOS-Sdk_v4-1-6-0' and 'Common-cpp'.