Reliable Delta Compressed expected behavior?

Options
I've set up a test scene where I'm synchronizing a single float. That float changes less than PhotonNetwork.PrecisionForFloatSynchronization on each update. When the PhotonView is set to Reliable Delta Compressed only the first change is ever sent across the network. After that the value stays constant on the client (but changes on the host).

That leads me to believe that the current value stored internally is being updated with each change despite that value not being synchronized. Is that the expected behavior? I can't find it documented anywhere but I would expect the current value to only be updated when the value is synchronized so that small changes that accumulate will eventually be synchronized at each interval that they accumulate to exceed PhotonNetwork.PrecisionForFloatSynchronization.

All the changes are synchronized when using Unreliable. Using Unreliable on Change seems to work like I would expect - changes accumulate and are synchronized when the total change exceeds PhotonNetwork.PrecisionForFloatSynchronization since the last synchronization. I would expect that the two "on Change" methods would be consistent so that leads me to think there's a bug in the Delta Compressed implementation.