Is hosted room without master client possible?

Options
It seems like client with PhotonNetwork.IsMasterClient == true is the one that coordinates things in the scene (ex. spawning new monster and communicating that to other clients).

With such scheme, the master client would definitely have an advantage. Is there a way to achieve standalone headless master and not have a designated master client in a room? Of course using PUN ideally.

Answers

• Kurdiez
    Options
    Also with one client being the "Master Client" in PUN P2P, I can imagine master client is the one that decides
    - certain items from the ground is picked up and given to whom.
    - which NPC should die and removed
  • JavierHer
    Options
    I have the same doubt. I need open a room from 16:00 to 20:00. Regardless of the number of users.
  • emotitron
    Options

There is always a master client, which is always the controller of unowned objects (room objects). You can look into server plugins for the relay though. These allow you to add some logic and game awareness to the server. (The relay is the server).

• JPGOrdon
    Options
    When you say "headless master", you are actually referring to an authoritative server model. In this model, the server is responsible for all sensitive actions (spawning monsters, scene changing, etc). I am own using my custom server plugin, personally, to achieve this. You can also extend a Photon Server application, but there is less documentation on that.