Unity Editor connections work but game builds do not

Options
The Unity editor can connect perfectly fine with a dedicated local Photon server. The debug window shows the standard "Join room failed, creating room, players in room, etc..." However, once I build the game and deploy the solution on the HoloLens, the debug window shows nothing, and when I attempt to fire events the print out says "RaiseEvent(1) failed. Your event is not being sent! ..." which basically just tells me the game didn't connect.

Any idea as to what the issue could be?

Pun: 2.16
Photon lib: 4.1.2.19
Unity: 2018.4.14f
Building with Visual Studio 19

Thank you for your time

Comments

• b128
    Options
    Never found a solution, instead I made a fresh project and copied all my assets over.
  • DarkJoltGames
    Options
    Hey, if you're building to UWP with PUN Classic, you should check out the guide below:

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/realtime/current/troubleshooting/known-issues

As apparent in the linked article, some versions of Unity don't actually work at all when using Photon! As long as you use the correct Unity version, you'll be fine. Also, make sure you've activated the correct capabilities for PUN to function.

As the article says:

There was a known Unity issue which caused IL2CPP builds to fail to connect with an "ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption". This happened when the Windows 10 SDK 10.0.19041.0 was installed.
    Affected Unity versions: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0b11, 2020.2.0a13. Many more minor Unity releases have been affected, too. Fixed versions are: 2020.1.1f1 and 2019.4.5f1 and up. Presumably, 2018.4.27 is also fixed. A workaround for 2018.4.23 exists as described here.

Hope this works for you!