Can't do anything...

Options
aixprod
edited March 2012 in Photon Server
So, i start PhotonControl... but it doesn't start the service and i can't start it either...
without the service i can't start the application :(

and if i run testclient. then these arrors show up!

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    the test client needs to be configured in its folder and the config file, it is set to connect to 127.0.0.1 normally on the 4530 TCP default port - thats for most people not gonna work out.

and if photon does not start the service there likely is an error, check the log and it will tell you which. you perhaps for error started instance1 and loadbalancing without changing the config in which case at least one will go down again and alike or you copied an app from an older photon version to the current one in which case its whole instance will fail
  • the log only shows this

2012-03-25 11:32:00,375 [ 1] DEBUG PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager - PhotonDomainManager created
  • Philip
    Options
    aixprod wrote:
    the log only shows this

2012-03-25 11:32:00,375 [ 1] DEBUG PhotonHostRuntime.PhotonDomainManager - PhotonDomainManager created

Assuming you only see one log file - where you found this. Your problem is in fact photon isn't started.

You have two options depending on what you have done sofar.

1) If you chose to "install service" (photon control menu) - click on "Photon Instance1/start service".
    2) otherwise use "Photon Instance1/start as application"

Only one of the options will be available for you ... to see why check:
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1464
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1552

Once you 've done 1) or 2) you should see a log file like this: Photon-Instance1-20120308.log
    The try icon should change from grey to "normal" - and puting your mous on top of the icon should say "photon running ..."
    If something goes wrong you should see it in the last Photon-Instance1-XXXXXXX.log.