Connection failed, unable to find whats wrong

Options
Hi,
my game is featured in early access now and getting around 500 downloads per day. my retention is about 15% and i thought my game was not appealing enough thats why the low retention. then i start receiving reviews saying that they were unable to connect. at first i thought maybe its an isolated case where the reviewer wasnt aware that he needs internet connection to play the game. but more and more people started reporting the same thing. and i start to do some investigation, out of 500 people downloaded the game per day, about 400-450 uninstalled the game. my suspicious is that 450 maybe deleted the game because of they're unable to connect. but i dont know why or how to diagnose the problem as i can connect to the game no problem. is there some setting prevents some user from connecting to the cloud? im opening all region. using photon cloud, subscription 100 ccu. protocol UDP. port 0. using unity. what could've gone wrong here.

Quick response is really appreciated as i am losing more users everyday.

Comments

• illogical
    Options
    and those 50 users who are able to connect, i can say they're returning to the game everyday. so they're connection was fine. it was only for those 450 people
  • illogical
    Options
    @JohnTube @Tobias need your help on this one. Im still getting reviews from users saying they're unable to connect yet i am able to connect when i play.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @illogical,

I'm not sure where you got these numbers or what these numbers really mean or how accurate they are.

We need more details.
    We need to know what's happening, do clients fail to connect initially at all or they get disconnected frequently/quickly...
    Is it because "max CCU reached" or failure to reach Photon Cloud servers or something else.

Usually developers:

- ask logs from clients
    - implement a reporting mechanism inside the app itself which gathers necessary information about potential issues
    - implement telemetry mechanism to automatically send logs or other stuff after getting the user's consent.

We need to narrow down a common pattern between the clients that fail to connect: is it a network related issue (ISP restriction? port blocked?) or something else.
  • illogical
    Options
    I'm not sure where you got these numbers or what these numbers really mean or how accurate they are.
    i got those numbers from google play dashboard and unity analytics.
    We need to know what's happening, do clients fail to connect initially at all or they get disconnected frequently/quickly...
    based on the review, Im sure they didn't connect at all. they said, never get into any matches.
    Is it because "max CCU reached" or failure to reach Photon Cloud servers or something else.
    not exceeding max CCU yet apparently. How or what is the cause of "failure to reach Photon Cloud servers" <<<-- this might be it.
    - ask logs from clients
    - implement a reporting mechanism inside the app itself which gathers necessary information about potential issues
    - implement telemetry mechanism to automatically send logs or other stuff after getting the user's consent.
    - this will take time for me to update the game. (i have 4 days left for the feature).

is it a network related issue (ISP restriction? port blocked?)
    have you encountered any network related issue with other devs? how did they handle it? or how did they know?

p/s: most of the reviewers came from US.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you send an email to developer@photonengine.com with your AppId, all details and mention that you still have few days left during the Google Play Store feature for your app.
  • illogical
    Options
    Ok thanks!