Connected to lobby, but can't do anything

Options
Okay, so, the thing is that I get this error message :

"JoinRoom failed. Client is on MasterServer (must be Master Server for matchmaking)but not ready for operations (State: Joining). Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster."

I understand it, BUT the OnJoinLobby has been called, I got a debug log from it. So, why ? what can I do ?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Unreality,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    State: Joining
    It looks like you are attempting to join a room twice.
    Wait for the first attempt to finish by implementing JoinRoom success & failure callbacks.
  • Unreality
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply, I've worked a bit on it.
    I found that as soon as I am in a lobby, I try to join (and create ?) a room, without asking for it, and it leads to the mentionned error.

Furthermore, there are other stuff that I can't understand :

1) sometimes some methods arn't called, for example, when i create a room, it looks like i join it a soon as I created it, but "onJoinRoom" isn't called, or "OnJoinLobby" when I leave a room.

2) there or methods that I can't find, like "OnPlayerEnteredRoom"
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Unreality,

Maybe you are using a different PUN version?
    PUN Classic vs. PUN 2?

1) OnJoinedRoom should be called when implemented properly as soon as you create or join a room. OnJoinedLobby will not be called unless you explicitly call JoinLobby. If you join a lobby then join a room then leave the room, you won't return to the lobby automatically. You need to call JoinLobby again.

2) it's available only for PUN2. see MonoBehaviourPunCallbacks or IMatchmakingCallbacks.
  • Unreality
    Options
    Okay, thanks a lot !

I'm Just begining with photon (and unity) and I am slowly making it.

thanks for the help !