I've found the problem but don't know the solution

So I did some Debugging.
Basically client is stuck connecting to name server.
I have a menu scene.
When I go in my menu scene and load up my multiplayer menu connectomasterclient works fine.
When I first go from my menu scene to my offline scene and back to my menu scene.
And then go to my Multiplayer menu, when I call connectusingsettings the client is stuck on connecting to the name server.
Both states are Disconnected (Debug log from NetworkClientState).
How do I go about fixing this

Answers

• If I check Start In offline mode in photonserversettings then the editor and client can't connect to each other.

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kkost,

Thank you for choosing Photon!
    And then go to my Multiplayer menu, when I call connectusingsettings the client is stuck on connecting to the name server.
    Both states are Disconnected (Debug log from NetworkClientState).
    How do I go about fixing this
    Make sure you can reach Photon Cloud from your network (see required lists of ports to open). Try a different network.
    Implement or override OnDisconnected callback.

Otherwise, see "Fist Aid" section (and subsection).
    If I check Start In offline mode in photonserversettings then the editor and client can't connect to each other.
    That's expected. Offline mode is equivalent to "Single Player" mode.
  • Many thanks for replying, I will try this out and report back in the next few days.

• @JohnTube it is not an issue of ports and what not as I can connect to the server initially without first booting up my offline scene.

The issue is its stuck at connecting to the name server when I call my ConnectUsingSettings after first loading up my offline scene .

• Is there a way I could manually disconnect from the name server?

• Another thing is, if I check the start in offline mode and connect to online by making sure I disconnect from the offline room and setting PN.offlinemode is false , I do not get this issue of being stuck on the name server but two clients can't connect to each other.