Different screen size problem with: Photon Transform View (Classic)

Options
My Player can move the hole width of a screen. My Problem ist that if one Screen1 is for example double the with (ratio) of Screen2, Player1 could move out of Screen2. What i want to happen is that if Player1 is on local x = 6 then he is projectet to Screen2 on x = 3. What can I do? and is that poosible with the Photon Transform View?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Interesting problem.
    I think you may be approaching the issue from the wrong angle. Instead of defining your scene/board through the output / screen, you should make sure your players can move within some boundaries and then instead scale your view to fit the screen.
    Then, yes, it will work with a TransformView out of the box.
  • bbekec
    Options

Hello Tobias, nowadays i started a new project. This is my first time Instantiating objects in server and play with them. My project is a basketball game. At start of the game, i set positions of rings to the edges of the screens. Result of this, in smaller width device, rings go out of view. Maybe there are some solution to this by photon, or i should define the boundaries of game at the beginning, but the problem is i dont have an idea of max or min common sizes of devices. May be you have an idea to advice me. Thanks.

• Tobias
    Options

You may want to use some fixed size for the simulation of the game, then transform those shared positions into screen-coordinates. Unity or the Unity forum may have some tips on doing that (it's not a networking question, really).