Max Message Size?

Options
ddks
edited March 2012 in Photon Server
Hi there,

Is there a max message size or limit to the number of parameters I send to a client in a single response / event?

e.g. when a user logs in i want to do an initial sync with a bunch of data send to the client, then going forward I sync the delta data to the client which is fine.

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    - For arrays the max supported number of elements is SHRT_MAX (32767).
    - Every operation, which, including the overhead, is bigger than the MTU (which is between 1.000 and 1.400 bytes depending on the client platform) will automatically be split up into different fragments and therefor always been sent reliable, even if it has been marked as unreliable.
    - Photon is not very optimized for bigger amounts of data than just a few hundred bytes per message.
    - Some clients have currently open known issues with message sizes beyond certain levels. Afaik you should be save for all clients, as long as you stay below 32kb per message.
  • ddks
    Options
    Thanks for the info. So instead I will just go with more messages but smaller ones for now. If I find i do need to batch them at least i know what i can do.

Many thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.

Dan