Bolt is already running, Even in Advanced example scene.

Hi guys!
First of all: Thank you for Bolt. I ve been waiting for a good networking solution in unity since the first rpcs in Unity. Back in the days I developed a custom Network solution on the base of lidgren. Back than it was more than enough for my needs, but times are changing :)
Unfortunately I aint got time to enhance my solution an so I found bolt and finally I feel like coming home.

I worked through both tutorial series (basic and advanced) and first everything seemed to work like a charm.
But now, when I start the advanced sample I get an Bolt is already running error. The strange thing is, when I run the project from "Build and run" (Unity) everything is working. But when I try to run it via "Bolt Scenes" I receive that error. No matter if I am running client or server.

What is working:

- When I run the server and more instances via the build (.exe) everything works as expected.
- Running the server via build and hitting the play button in Unity (not bolt-> scenes -> Play as Server ) everything works as expected.

What is not working:

- Running the application via Bolt-> Scenes-> Play as Server results in the already running error.
- Running the application via Bolt-> Scenes-> Debug start results in the already running error.
- The error comes up when I try to start the scene. Starting via Bolt-> Scenes-> Play as Server and via Bolt-> Scenes-> Debug start is possible, selecting to play as server is also possible. But as soon I am selecting the Level to play i run in that error.

The error:

BoltException: Bolt is already running, you must call BoltLauncher.Shutdown() before starting a new instance of Bolt.
at Bolt.ControlCommandStart.Run () [0x00028] in <91e633532a7e4582a260e897276e2d36>:0
at Bolt.ControlBehaviour.Update () [0x00062] in <91e633532a7e4582a260e897276e2d36>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
UnityWriter:BoltLog.IWriter.Warn(String)
BoltLog:Warn(String)
BoltLog:Warn(Object)
Bolt.ControlBehaviour:Update()

What I have done:

- I followed the instructions in Basic setup, basic Tutorial and Advanced Tutorial. Bolt settings are as they are in the Tutorial. Key is correct. I am almost sure I understood, how Bolt is working and how the magic is happening.
- I double checked. None of the scripts (especially the boltInit script) are doubled. The script is only on the main camera of the menu scene.
- I started several new projects to at least tribble check I am doing everything right.
- I created new Applications in the Bolt Cloud.

None of that fixed my error.

Environment:

Unity 2019.2.11
Bolt 1.2.10
Win 10

The strange thing is that even the original example is not working. So, as I said, it is not only my solution, It seems to be some kind of hiccup in a place I am not aware of.
Can anyone please shed a little light on what I could be doing wrong. I spent the hole night with this and I am not sure what I could check or change to get it working.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Basti

Comments

• Hi guys

Little update:
    I think I tried everything, but nothing changed.
    Must be s.th. with the Bolt Scenes Window. Starting the (original Advanced Tutorial) project via the Unity Play button works like a charm. Running it via Bolt Scenes -> Main Menu -> Play as Server (Debug start as well) starts the scene, but as soon i choose to play as server and select the Level1 the error is showing up.
    I tried almost every possible version of Unity since 2018.
    I tried to find out where the suspected second call is coming from.
    I am very close to just give up and deal with testing the old way by compiling a server build and running the client in the editor.
    Kind of annoying but still better than UNet. ;)

BR

Basti