why is my PUN project crashing my Unity editor the day after, but the standalone build works fine?

Options
I followed a pun tutorial last night on unity 2018.2 and had a working project. This morning, unity crashes when i try to open project, BUT the standalone build works fine!? How do I fix this? My unity editor only crashes when opening working Pun projects!

Best Answer

• greyDog
    greyDog
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, I solved it! To access your Unity project when its crashing on startup; Simply rename the scene that was first, Unity will then open default scene, allowing you to open and edit Project. I deleted a line in my player Manager script //using Photon.Pun.Demo.PunBasics;//because I had accessed a camerascript earlier, but left in this call at the top. Was this the culprit? Does this sound like a feasable reason for unity to crash? I thought it might be a collider issue with imported prefab models. it seems to start fine now, so I guess that was it!
    Thanks, for the clean tutorial section, I feel like I'm making progress here.

Answers

• greyDog
    greyDog
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, I solved it! To access your Unity project when its crashing on startup; Simply rename the scene that was first, Unity will then open default scene, allowing you to open and edit Project. I deleted a line in my player Manager script //using Photon.Pun.Demo.PunBasics;//because I had accessed a camerascript earlier, but left in this call at the top. Was this the culprit? Does this sound like a feasable reason for unity to crash? I thought it might be a collider issue with imported prefab models. it seems to start fine now, so I guess that was it!
    Thanks, for the clean tutorial section, I feel like I'm making progress here.