UnityPhotonPUNv2 player joins different multiple rooms?

Options
Hello. can i have one player join two separate rooms? any way i can achieve this? Thank you

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @pretorian1978,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Could you go through our "Matchmaking Checklist"?
    Maybe clients are connected to two different regions due to the "Best Region" feature.
    Clients need to be connected to the same virtual application (AppId, AppVersion, PUN version) and same servers (region).
  • hello. thank you for your quick reply. i think i didn't explained properly
    what i want to achieve is this: i want to be able, from the same client, to join on two different created rooms from the same region of course. i was wondering if it's possible in regards to PUN design architecture. if not, what would be the alternatives? thank you very much
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @pretorian1978,

I see now.
    I misread the title and post, sorry.

By design, this is not possible.
    As workarounds, you will need to have the PUN client in a room and other LoadBalancingClient per extra room.
  • hello. is there by any chance an example/documentation on this particular topic somewhere in order for me to better understand this workaround?
    thank you once again
  • i mean if inside my mobile client i create another LoadBalancingClient which matches all the settings with the current one, this newly created can join other rooms?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    There is no documentation or example since we do not encourage this approach.
    You can find more about it on the forum if you search.
    i mean if inside my mobile client i create another LoadBalancingClient which matches all the settings with the current one, this newly created can join other rooms?
    Yes. But the settings should not match 100%. It's a different client so you could choose different settings unless you want both clients to see each other (to be on the same servers and virtual application).
  • all i need is that the current client and the newly LoadBalancingClient one to join to separate rooms and to have one single common property between them....let's say health or whatever
    first client takes damage in room1, second client takes the same damage in room2
    so basically is doable, you don't recommend it however
    thank you very much for your patience