Photon view getting dropped on client in PUN

I have a GameObject for the player that has 2 photon views to send 2 pieces of data independently. Call them A and B. Both are set to be unreliable. Things work fine for a while, but if I leave the player connected to the a room for more than say 5 hours, the client appears to stop sending A, but keeps sending B. This happens even when there is very little traffic, and even if the server is run locally, so I doubt dropped packets are a problem. And no B's are dropped.
It appears that PUN is dropping these A photon views for some reason. I thought maybe it was related to LimitOfUnreliableCommands, which is at the default of 40. But that doesn't appear to affect the issue in anyway.
I'm running Unity 2018.1.9f2, PUN 1.25.2, Server 3.4.22.6309.
Is this a known issue? Any recommendations on correct the problem?

Comments

• Interesting case. I'm sorry this is a problem. It's certainly not expected.
    You'd have to debug this. It sounds as if the problem is A is not being sent. Why that?
    Figure out if A is no longer creating updates, no longer sending them, if the server is no longer forwarding those or if the updates are no longer applied.

PUN 1.25.2 is very very old and no longer supported. We can't fix issues in there.
    You might want to update.
  • We are planning an update soon-ish, but expect that process to take a while since we are so far behind. So in the meantime, I'm hoping to get around this issue.

PhotonView A is still getting its OnPhotonSerializeView called regularly and we serialize data as usual. I can see the data getting all the way to the call OpCustom((byte)LiteOpCode.RaiseEvent, opParameters, sendReliable, raiseEventOptions.SequenceChannel, false); and then I lose it in the photon dll. I do not receive the message on the server. But I do receive PhotonView B.

Another strange related symptom is after 5 hours sometimes instead photonview A not getting sent at all, I see it on other clients 4 seconds behind when it happened. Other clients in the space are not delayed at all, so it's not an overall server issue. Essentially just photonview A for a gameobject that's been in the space for +5 hours. This is maybe coincidentally matching LimitOfUnreliableCommands=40. If the photonview is sent at 10hz, then 40/10 = 4 seconds. My live debugging didn't show that changing this number helped things, but thought I'd point it out in case it triggered something for you.

I'm going to try combining photonvew A and B, but I'd like to avoid that if I could. I realize our version is old, so I'm not sure about bugging this issue. Plus I can't really wait for our upgrade to start and finish. Any suggestions on what to look for would be great!