Trouble getting the room list on android

Hi Everyone, i have a multiplayer game running on the Oculus Quest its nearly ready for release but we have started to have an issue on rooms not showing up in the OnRoomListUpdate return we have. everything seems to work on the PC side when joining the lobby we get an initial list and when it updates it affects the GUI adding removing Key pairs as needed.

We can create a room that shows in the list on the PC Side (running in unity) but no room will show up in the android based Quests.

we can get the quests to connect to it by using the join random room as that is the only open room. but it will never show in the list.

Im wondering if i need any specific permissions for it to work , has anyone had this issue?

Desperately thanking you for your time

Mark

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Mark (@Barra),

Make sure clients from Quest and PC are:

- connected to the same regions (servers)
    - connected to the same virtual application (AppId, AppVersion)
    - joined to the same lobby (of the applicable type that sends rooms list)

Make sure to go through our "Matchmaking Checklist" carefully.
  • Barra
    Barra
    edited October 2019
    Hi @JohnTube Thank you for the quick reply I am still having issues here is what I've done to be certain they are connected to the same region,I have only whitelisted au; in settings and on the app dashboard.
    I have manually set the user id to be different
    app id and version is the same as Unity is the one building to quest devices and this is also set in the photon settings.

What troubling me is if any of these settings were wrong it shouldn't work at all
    But currently and as before if Quest Hosts > PC gets list
    PC/Other Quest Hosts > Quest does not receive a list

how can it work one way and not the other?

to get around this I'm able to connect and join random room on the quest and they will play a normal game together, so this tells me the settings are correct else this would not be possible. Happy to be wrong here :smiley:

any help would be great.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Barra,

But currently and as before if Quest Hosts > PC gets list
    PC/Other Quest Hosts > Quest does not receive a list
    What does "host" mean here? it means create a room?

how can it work one way and not the other?
    maybe the client Quest does not join the lobby or joins the wrong lobby?