Connect() to 'ns.exitgames.com' (InterNetworkV6) failed

Options
We switched unity version from 2017LTS to 2018LTS. But now we are getting the below error on android builds(made with 2018) on a particular ISP. Its working fine in editor and IOS on the same network. It starts working if we change ISP on android as well. For the builds made from unity 2017 its working fine for all platforms for all the ISP. The PUN version is v1.86 for both the projects 2017 and 2018.

THE error is as below:
Connect() to 'ns.exitgames.com' (InterNetworkV6) failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No route to host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x000b6] in <0d3e94ab2a1c4d2a8582ccee7031f5c6>:0
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect (System.Net.IPAddress address, System.Int32 port) [0x00008] in <0d3e94ab2a1c4d2a8582ccee7031f5c6>:0
at ExitGames.Client.Photon.SocketUdp.DnsAndConnect () [0x00080] in :0

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mohit_mittal,

PUN v1.86 is old: 30. August 2017.

I believe this issue was resolved in newer versions of PUN.
    Please update to the latest and see if the issue persists.
  • @JohnTube , I upgraded to latest version, v1.99 but observed the same issue.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mohit_mittal,

What is the Scripting Backend used? Mono or IL2CPP?
    What .NET equivalent version? 3.5 or 4.x?

In case you use Mono or 4.x, could you try switching to IL2CPP or to 3.5?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi @JohnTube ,

We were getting the same error on mac editor's as well for that particular ISP for about an year now. So we tested it out on the MAC editor, and yes by switching to .NET equivalent 3.5, solved the issue on mac( scripting backend doesn't seems to have any effect).

We switched to 4.x about an year ago, and I guess at that time only we started seeing the error on MAC editor and had to switch our network for testing purposes on mac, at that time didn't paid too much attention to it as it was only occurring on MAC editor (for rest like windows editor, android and ios builds it was working fine).

But after switching to unity 2018 its showing up on androids builds as well. Will test it on our android builds as well and will revert with the findings.

But still we can not switch back to 3.5 as it will be deprecated soon. So what will be a permanent solution to this problem.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mohit_mittal,

I see.
    while investigating this issue, we found out that it could be due to the fact that the client is in fact trying to use an IPv6 address that is invalid or cannot be used in some network context.
    We believe we addressed this issue already in PUN2.
    We will release an update to PUN Classic this week hopefully with the fix included.
    Keep an eye on it and give us your feedback once you try it.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience.