Connection with 4g

Options
Hello, one of customers has reported that they cannot connect to our application (so they cannot join the room) they are using a 4g hotspot and this has worked fine in our testing.

I am not sure what is going on but what could be the difference in situation here?
For each situation I have tried it always appears to work for me.

PhotonNetwork.NickName = Config.CLIENT_NICKNAME;
if (!PhotonNetwork.IsConnectedAndReady) {
if(inited) {
if (PhotonNetwork.Reconnect()) setupUI();
else showNetworkErrorDialog();
}
else if (PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings()) {
setupUI();
}
else showNetworkErrorDialog();
}

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @frecreate,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Make sure that required ports are open on that network provider / carrier / ISP.

Does this happen on the same network or same device?
    Maybe change the network or device and retry.

What PUN version are you using?
    What Unity version are you using?

This is from Android or iOS?
  • frecreate
    Options
    The application is a phone connection with an Oculus Go, so both are android.

Initially what we did after hearing this we started a few tests with ports being blocked on our own WiFi and we also tried multiple hotspot setups with the phone being on WiFi, data, and even using an intermediary phone (one hotspot phone as a "router", one app phone).

Our customer reported being able to connect through WiFi (with a hotspot) but then the day after reported not being able to connect through 4g.

All our own test have worked so far, so I am stumped. I don't know what the big difference should be.

To answer your questions:

PUN 2 v2.6
    Unity 2019.2

They are using a Huawei android tablet (exact specifications to follow later)
  • frecreate
    Options
    I figured it out, while switching branches for some reason our photon id's got scrambled?

I am still in the process of finding out the actual problem, but isn't it strange the photon seems to change the photonview id's by itself? Because of this our demo i would expect to work didn't work.
  • frecreate
    Options
    Resetting the PhotonServerSettings asset seems to work to resolve the id error, but I am not sure why I would need to reset it when it should not be changed when switching between branches?