Testing Client Instances in Unity3d Editor and Build

Options
Hello,

So can this be explained to me? I am testing spawning client photonview player instances in Unity Editor and a Standalone build. What I have is when the each client click "Join Room" button, an instance that represents each player is spawned. The Level then Async loads when both players click Join Room button. When the new level loads, that instance of the player now spawns its own UI (which is not network linked using Photon view). Now I have values being updated using Room Properties and Player properties. Those results gets passed to each players UI. The issue I have is that I am using Player Properties update too and it's showing that values do update when I check that UI in the Unity Editor, but it doesn't show in the build. Is there anything I am missing or should be looking out for?

Thanks,
jrDev

Comments

• jrDev
    Options
    After some more dabbling, I realized that I was using "PhotonNetwork.LocalPlayer.SetCustomProperties" in my GameManager FSM (which will only call the Master Client that has that it seems) that is not attached to the actual instance of the Player. So if the call is not being made on the Photonview player instance I need to find that player from the PhotonNetwork.PlayersList array and then call "player.SetCustomProperties" instead. Hope this helps someone.

BTW, I am using Playmaker which is why I mentioned FSM.

Thanks,
    jrDev