"GetBuildingState" for viewID 3968 but this PhotonView does not exist! View was/is ours. Remote call

I have been getting this error from clients playing the game and was wondering if I have hit the MAX_VIEW_IDS limit? Unfortunately I don't have a log from the master client.

Its a very large RTS game with plenty of PhotonNetwork.instantiate going on as well as plenty of PhotonNetwork.Destroy going on too.

The limit is currently set to 2000

Thanks.
Rob

PS Is this the right place to post about errors if I pay a monthly fee for the use of photon?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hi @HeskethGames,

What makes you think that this is about the MAX_VIEW_IDS limit?

Maybe it's a timing issue: RPC was received before network instantiation or after object destruction.
    If we take a look at the log message call code, we can extract main info from the error itself and knowing that MAX_VIEW_IDS is 2000:
    • "viewID 3968", means it's the PhotonView number 968 for actor number 1. Scene PhotonViews are from 1 to 1999, PhotonViews for actor number 1 are from 2000 to 3999, PhotonViews for actor number X are from (X * MAX_VIEW_IDS) to (X * MAX_VIEW_IDS - 1).
    • "View was/is ours": this means that the local client's actor number is equal to the PhotonView 3968's owner actor number, which is 1. "was/is" is related what I mentioned above: "Maybe it's a timing issue: RPC was received before network instantiation or after object destruction."
    • "Remote call": the client who called the RPC method is not the local client since its actor number is not 1.
    Unfortunately I don't have a log from the master client.
    Usually if clients do not leave and rejoin or if you do not explicitly switch master client, then the client who has the actor number 1 is the room creator and the master client. The client logging this error message could be the master client but in any case, why do you need logs from master client? what do you think you can expect to find in there?

PS Is this the right place to post about errors if I pay a monthly fee for the use of photon?
    Yes, it's a start, then if you don't get help within 2 workdays or you need to share sensitive/private info send an email to developer@photonengine.com.
  • Loving the attitude, is this how you normally reply to clients?
    I think I'll email the developers.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @HeskethGames,

I'm sorry you feel offended by my answer.
    It was not my intention.
    I wanted to help.

English is not my mother tongue.
    I will be more careful in choosing the right words next time.