Problem with joining same room

Options
I've been making changes in my app (unrelated to joining an existing room) and when I try to join two players to a room they seem to be getting sent to different rooms? I'm hard coding the room name when creating/joining the room so I'm not sure what's going on here. I rebuilt the project to a previous Unity collab that I knew didn't have this problem but after switching I'm getting the same situation.

Comments

• zblase
    Options
    For further explanation of the problem, I added text to the canvas to be set as PhotonNetwork.CurrentRoom.ToString() (upon joining room) and both game instances return "Room: 'test' visible, open 1/2 players"
  • eelir
    Options
    I am not sure if it is the same problem, but it looks similar to what I am experiencing in the tutorial example.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @zblase,

Clients need to be connected to the same region (servers) and to the same virtual application (AppId, AppVersion/PUN version).
    Read our "Matchmaking Checklist" carefully.
    The two clients are probably connected to two different regions.

Hi @eelir,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Read the above.
  • eelir
    Options
    JohnTube said:

Hi @eelir,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Read the above.

Thanks! :)

• zblase
    Options
    Thank you @JohnTube this worked. For anyone else who ran into this issue, I just entered the region token into "Fixed Region" in the PhotonServerSettings. Region tokens can be found in John's link above.