PhotonNetwork.isMessageQueueRunning and SetRoomCustomProperties

Options
Hi,

I am using in my project PhotonNetwork.isMessageQueueRunning = false in order not to receive RPC before my client I ready to game. But if other client is setting values to CustomProperties of the room, the value is not sync between players.

if I have PhotonNetwork.isMessageQueueRunning = true, everything seems to works just fine. Is it possible, or I am doing something wrong?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @reiben,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

That is expected.
    All commands/messages received from the server (including PropertiesChanged events) will not be dispatched and processed if the message queue is paused (not running).
  • maxclark
    Options
    Hi JohnTube, I realize now that setting PhotonNetwork.isMessageQueueRunning to false doesn't block outward RPCs. Is there a way I can toggle off outward RPCs?

For me, while my master client is loading, they network instantiate a bunch of stuff and some of those send RPCs, which is important for when those prefabs are instantiated mid-level, but honestly could just be local functions when they're instantiated during loading the level.

I want my network objects to still be network instantiated so the joining player gets those, but I want to ignore any RPC calls I make myself until after the master client has finished the entire scene load/setup. I realize I can make something like a global variable like "stillSettingUpScene" and check that before sending any RPCs, but I'd like to avoid that. Do you have any suggestions?