Loadbalancing this is Photon Cloud?

Hello! I understand correctly if you download the Realtime SDK and run Loadbalancing, it will work exactly like Photon Cloud with the difference that Loadbalancing will be launched on my computer?

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi @AkaruZ,

Photon Realtime is a product which could refer to the client SDK as well as the Photon Realtime cloud service.

"What Is The Difference Between LoadBalancing API And Photon Realtime?"
    "What Is The Difference Between Photon Realtime And PUN?"

What you can download (here) and self-host on your machine(s) or on a third-party cloud provider or machines is Photon Server. Photon Server comes with Photon Socket server which is the core and some server applications binaries and source code. The main server application is called LoadBalancing, which has two variants: Master Server and Game Server.

And yes, it's the same thing we run on Photon Cloud.
    Except the self-hosted Photon Server version is a bit outdated and is missing few features.

Read about the difference here.

PUN, Photon Voice and other Photon Realtime SDKs can connect to Photon Server.
  • AkaruZ
    AkaruZ
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the answer! I need the ability to keep up to 150 people on the server, should I use Loadbalancing or MMO Concept?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    150 in the same room?
    MMO is very basic and you will have to extend it yourself as we don't provide support for it anymore.
    When you self-host you have more control, so you can start prototyping ((stress)testing and benchmarking) early with the number of users you want.
  • AkaruZ
    AkaruZ
    edited August 2019
    JohnTube said:

150 in the same room?
    MMO is very basic and you will have to extend it yourself as we don't provide support for it anymore.
    When you self-host you have more control, so you can start prototyping ((stress)testing and benchmarking) early with the number of users you want.

Yes, in the room. Tell me another question: by default, loadbalancing also has a limit of 500 msg per sec per room or not? How can I track how many messages per second at the current time in the room?
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    by default, loadbalancing also has a limit of 500 msg per sec per room or not?
    This is a soft limit. It does not exist. As I said before, when you self-host you have total control.
    How can I track how many messages per second at the current time in the room?
    You can get this using Photon Counters.
  • AkaruZ
    AkaruZ
    edited August 2019
    Thank! For test purposes, I tried to start the server. It seems that everything started, but the unit fails to connect. I use PUN2 to connect, I entered my IP in the Server line, I wrote 5055 and 5056 in PORT. I got error 10054 in the log.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the exact error log message and stacktrace?
    5055 is the correct port number for Master Server.