Cross Platform Connecting Demo

The whole answer can be found below.

Please note: The Photon forum is closed permanently. After many dedicated years of service we have made the decision to retire our forum and switch to read-only: we've saved the best to last! And we offer you support through these channels:

Try Our
Documentation

Please check if you can find an answer in our extensive documentation on PUN.

Join Us
on Discord

Meet and talk to our staff and the entire Photon-Community via Discord.

Read More on
Stack Overflow

Find more information on Stack Overflow (for Circle members only).

Write Us
an E-Mail

Feel free to send your question directly to our developers.

Cross Platform Connecting Demo

GameMechanics
2019-07-21 01:11:42

I built the Asteroids demo for Android and PC just to see if it worked. They do not see each others' rooms. What do I need to do to have them be able to be in the same room?

Comments

JohnTube
2019-07-22 10:13:55

Hi @GameMechanics,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

Read our "Matchmaking Checklist" carefully.
Make sure clients are connected to the same region (servers) and virtual application (AppId, AppVersion).

GameMechanics
2019-07-23 01:59:25

I am literally just changing the platform from PC to Android. I can get 2 PCs in a game but not a PC and an Android.

GameMechanics
2019-07-23 03:21:02

I just tried 2 Androids using the same build and they don't see each other.The room list is empty regardless of which one creates the room. The only thing I did was set up the AppID with the wizard. And like I said, PCs see each other. I will begin again just to make sure.

GameMechanics
2019-07-23 04:01:49

Nope. Cannot even start from zero and get it to work. Does PUN2 support Android?

JohnTube
2019-07-23 10:46:41

PUN2 support Android yes.
Did you check the AppVersion (PhotonNetwork.AppVersion) and the Region (PhotonNetwork.CloudRegion) from each client?
They must match.

GameMechanics
2019-07-23 23:51:59

Can they be different when using the same .apk file?

JohnTube
2019-07-24 09:12:43

Yes if you use Best Region (no explicit Fixed Region from PhotonServerSettings.AppSettings and no Dashboard Regions Filtering).

GameMechanics
2019-08-01 23:35:07

That fixed it. Why 2 Android systems in the same room would get different regions is beyond me.

Thanks.

JohnTube
2019-08-28 11:59:39

Hi @GameMechanics,

see "[PUN2] Best Region: investigation and improvements".