Too Basic Newbie Question

I am not a true gamer, or I'd know this answer. I wrote a Unity chess game; am trying to adopt PUN to make it multiplayer; and have the Dashboard App IDs set up. But after DAYS of hunting the docs and YouTube tutorials, I can't figure out WHERE to play the game or invite other players, or how to run the game online from any server.

I'm trying to get some simple multiplayer working before I tackle the integration with my main game code, but have no clue what to do after I complete my build. Do I upload it? Does the game or source automatically get pulled by AppID at some point? Do I need to subscribe to yet another service for 'presentation'?

I suspect the URL and region in the PUN component has something to do with it, but the docs aren't spelling it out for me.

Again, I'm sorry as this must be far too basic for anyone to have written about, but seems to be a hole in the documentation for complete dolts like myself. I was hoping there would be an "Exit Games" site where my tests would appear, but nowhere I can find.

Answers

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi @dforma,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

I can't figure out WHERE to play the game or invite other players, or how to run the game online from any server.
    have no clue what to do after I complete my build. Do I upload it? Does the game or source automatically get pulled by AppID at some point? Do I need to subscribe to yet another service for 'presentation'?
    PUN games are played by clients which are either mobile apps or console games or PC games or web apps. You do not need to upload anything for most of the cases except maybe the game client for the case of web apps. If you are targetting WebGL, you should see how you host that game online. Other than this, you can deliver the game to the end users via app stores where they can buy or download the game client and play.

Game clients connect to Photon Cloud servers.
    Players connected to the same region and AppId and AppVersion can play with each other.