Operation FindFriends (222) not allowed on current server (GameServer)

Options
Hi,

So using PUN2 and trying to get the current friend statuses using " PhotonNetwork.FindFriends(friendElements.Keys.ToArray());", in which the Dictionary is populated via PlayFab friends list. The friends are being pulled perfectly fine from the PlayFab side and im already setting "PhotonNetwork.AuthValues" and UserId before network Connect so im a bit confused on when i then get the title error "Operation FindFriends (222) not allowed on current server (GameServer)" when i try to call that method from in-game.

Again im using PUN2, correct api key, game version, etc. Dont know what to do.

Any help is appreciated on this.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi @GLucas,

As the error code message states, FindFriends is only allowed outside of rooms when connected to the Master Server and not the Game Server.
  • GLucas
    GLucas
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Okay, i assumed that was the issue. However the message code states "current server", so its a bit hard to decipher if its meaning you cant call it in the room or if your photon settings are messed up, etc. Maybe im just a simpleton.

However it seems id just be better off using PhotonChat instead so i created a system to sync with PlayFab friends list.
  • osman
    Options

If you found a solution to this, please let me know.