Room not visible between build app and editor (PUN 2.12)

Hi,

I have tested/debugged my app by building it and then running the second client in the Unity editor. This has been working fine, but since I updated the Unity to 2019.1.4f1 (from 2019.1.2f1 I think..) the Editor and build doesn't see each others. The room list remains empty.

If I start two build versions they can see each others rooms OK. I have tried to reset everything from the PhotonServerSettings, but no luck.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• Found out that for some reason the Editor and Build goes to different regions. Resetting the Best Region Preference doesn't fix it. Only way I got it to work is to set fixed region.
  • There is the same problem with me.
  • up
  • @Jony12 : See above. Set a region for the build (and editor) to avoid the most common pitfall of different regions between editor and build.

Can you both check which regions were used and report where you are located (approximately), so we can evaluate if both regions are similarly "fast" for you?
  • Tobias said:

@Jony12 : See above. Set a region for the build (and editor) to avoid the most common pitfall of different regions between editor and build.

Can you both check which regions were used and report where you are located (approximately), so we can evaluate if both regions are similarly "fast" for you?

I tested the above but did not work for me.
    I am in Europe / Bulgaria.

Operation FindFriends (222) not called because client is not connected or not ready yet, client state: JoiningLobby
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2008)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:CheckIfOpCanBeSent(Byte, ServerConnection, String) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:1944)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OpFindFriends(String[]) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:1043)
    Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork:FindFriends(String[]) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetwork.cs:2032)
    bl_FriendList:UpdateList() (at
    bl_FriendList:OnFriendListUpdate(List`1) (at
    Photon.Realtime.MatchMakingCallbacksContainer:OnFriendListUpdate(List`1) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:3572)
    Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:2352)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(StreamBuffer)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:116)

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi @Jony12,

This is a different issue offtopic or unrelated to the original post.

Temporary fix:
    Comment out line 1981 in "Assets\Photon\PhotonRealtime\Code\LoadBalancingClient.cs":
    //case OperationCode.FindFriends:
    Proper fix will be released in next version.
  • Thank you.