Immediate Disconnect (792: ServerTimeout) When Connecting via Cellular

Options
Hello! We recently detected an issue in our app where, when attempting to connect to a room when on a cellular connection (we don't know if cellular is the only way to trigger the issue, but it does seem to be a more reliable way), we sometimes immediately receive a disconnect via DisconnectCause.ServerTimeout (792). It seems like it happens once, and then attempting to connect the second time works as normal. The connection also seems quite stable after successfully connecting.

I am working on getting more information via logs, but wanted to get the question out there in case it has an obvious cause to someone with more experience with Photon. My gut feeling is that it is either some sort of server setting that conflicts with the poor performance of the cellular connection, or some PUN-related issue that causes the initial connection to be malformed or set up improperly.

Comments

• GameCake
    Options
    An update: When successfully connecting, we see Photon connect to 3 servers in succession: nameserver -> masterserver -> gameserver. But when it fails, it fails after disconnecting from nameserver but never successfully connects to the masterserver.

Additionally, when connecting successfully, I see iPhotonSocket.Connect() 5.188.11.5:4530. However, when it fails, instead of the IP address, I see the URL GCS100.exitgames.com:4530. When I plug these into a browser, the IP address seems to be able to find the server (though not connect to anything, obviously), whereas the URL cannot be resolved. Could the nameserver be providing bad/no info to the device , or failing to get the correct data to it?