PUN and PlayMaker?

Does PUN work with PlayMaker?

Comments

• I actually searched "pun" in Ecosystem, so I am guessing that it does work with it. But now I want to know if I download the "Play Maker P U N", do I need to install PUN from the asset store?
  • I've added it in from Ecosystem, but I just get a whole list of errors..
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @KillerCreeper,

Thank you for choosing Photon!

PUN and PlayMaker play well together.
    If you have issues, tell us more about them in details here, @jeanfabre may be able to help.
  • Hi,

PlayMaker PUN supports the Classic version, not pun2, pun2 support is coming soon and currently in beta.

can you confirm you are using pun classic?

Bye,

Jean
  • KillerCreeper
    edited May 2019
    @jeanfabre

Thank you for your reply!
    I have installed PUN classic and imported it into my project. But I am having a problem when I download PUN from the Ecosystem. I get two errors:

"Assets\PlayMaker PUN\Editor\PlayMakerPhotonWizard.cs(36,20): error CS0103: The name 'AccountService' does not exist in the current context"
    and
    "Assets\PlayMaker PUN\Editor\PlayMakerPhotonWizard.cs(81,20): error CS0103: The name 'AccountService' does not exist in the current context"
  • And just to make sure, this is what I am importing from the asset store:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/photon-unity-networking-classic-free-1786
  • Hi,

yes, I can repro, let me fix that asap.

Bye,

Jean
  • Hi,

ok, can you redownload from the ecosystem, I have updated the package to be compatible with the latest version of PUN classic

Bye,

Jean
  • jeanfabre said:

Hi,

ok, can you redownload from the ecosystem, I have updated the package to be compatible with the latest version of PUN classic

Bye,

Jean

Hey,
    I see there is a PUN 2 in the ecosystem now, as well. Is that still currently being worked on? And if I do use the classic version, is it possible to upgrade to PUN 2 in the future without losing the things I have done using PUN classic?
  • Hi,

PUN 2 and Pun classic are not compatible, so no, not really, the principle is identical, but pun2 api changed and so will the playmaker support.

I would not use pun 2 support until I make a public announcement that it's public and ok to use in production, this is for the ones who wants to contribute and give feedback on the beta progress.

Bye,

Jean
  • k0fe
    k0fe
    edited September 2019
    Hello.
    I am using PlayMaker 1.9.0.p16 and I have installed PUN 2 from Unity assetstore and imported it into my project. But I am having a problem when I install Play Maker Pun2 from the Ecosystem. I get four errors:
    Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Editor\PlayMakerPhotonWizard.cs(39,13): error CS0103: The name 'RegisterOrigin' does not exist in the current context
    Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Editor\PlayMakerPhotonWizard.cs(39,45): error CS0117: 'AccountService' does not contain a definition for 'Origin'
    Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Editor\PlayMakerPhotonWizard.cs(84,13): error CS0103: The name 'RegisterOrigin' does not exist in the current context
    Assets\PlayMaker PUN 2\Editor\PlayMakerPhotonWizard.cs(84,45): error CS0117: 'AccountService' does not contain a definition for 'Origin'

Am I doing something wrong? o:
  • Exactly same problem as k0fe
  • Hi,

ok, can you redownload from the ecosystem, I have updated the package to be compatible with the latest version of PUN 2

Bye,

Jean
  • Lrnz0
    Lrnz0
    edited September 2019
    Hi JeanFabre,
    Same errors after redownload for me,

Thank you for the time granted
  • Ok now good, Thank you!