ExceptionOnConnect on WP7

Options
plungeint
edited March 2012 in DotNet
Hi,

I'm trying photon for the very first time, and I'm doing so on WP7. I'm playing a little bit with the demo, that works well.

Then I tried to create my own simple multiplayer game (a "pong"), but I'm experiencing some problems:
    - If there are no rooms create, how can I auto-detect that situation and create my own automatically? - If already there is a room, how can I "auto-join" it?

I tried by myself but I'm getting an ExceptionOnConnect on the OnStatusChanged event in my LoadBalancingClient implementation.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    1. Check the open RoomList -> if its empty there is no room that can be joined
    2. Choose one of these rooms to join for example
  • Hi,

Thanks, sounds great. The problem is that I receive these statuses on the OnStatusChanged method:

Connect
    EncryptionEstablished
    Encrypt()
    DisconnectByServer
    Disconnect

Do you know why I'm disconnected by server?

Thanks
  • dreamora
    Options
    Have you tried it without firing up the encryption?
  • Tobias
    Options
    There should be debug output printed to the console. Try to get that.
    DebugReturn is the method in the LoadBalancingClient you could check for info.

Maybe your appID is not correct. Did you register at www.exitgamescloud.com and get the appID shown there?
  • plungeint wrote:
    Hi,

I'm trying photon for the very first time, and I'm doing so on WP7. I'm playing a little bit with the demo, that works well.

Then I tried to create my own simple multiplayer game (a "pong"), but I'm experiencing some problems:

Hi

I'm in a similar boat I have a very simple pong clone that's already done (xna) and I'd like to add photon to it but i don't know where to start. Is there a tutorial or sample somewhere?
  • Tobias
    Options
    The Photon lib is the same for WP in Silverlight as in XNA.
    I think we might have a XNA sample done but not in the SDKs yet. Have a look at the silverlight ones and make sure you don't use 127.0.0.1 as server address.
    If the problem persists, let me know more.